AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2009 Direct Payment.....Payment Reductions...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Gromit
Posted 10/22/2009 14:30 (#894781 - in reply to #893985)
Subject: RE: 2009 Direct Payment.....Payment Reductions...

Lac qui Parle County Minnesota
The way it was explained to me by our local FSA guy is that payments are now done out of Kansas or someplace else. Anyway, what you received (20%) the first time is listed as the deduction but only from the first farm you get a payment from. What you received last spring payments on all farms is deducted from top total number on that first farm. So any further paperwork should show NO further deductions unless your total first payment is more than that, then they deduct from the second. So instead of just deducting last spring payment on each farm and showing how much you have left coming, they came up with this confusing way of showing your payments. He doesn't know what they are doing it this way but his office had been getting calls all morning. So your payment didn't change, just how they are list it on the paperwork. Clear as mud right? Evidently somebody had nothing to do and came up with this stupid idea.
But don't quote me on any of this, because I might not have gotten the story entirely correct either.

Edited by Gromit 10/22/2009 14:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)