AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Challenger Tractor hydraulic problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 3/25/2021 13:58 (#8915209 - in reply to #8915204)
Subject: RE: Challenger Tractor hydraulic problems

Jeffersonville, OH
Farmer John 1 - 3/25/2021 14:49

Sorry, my replies are getting a little out of order. The dealer is Williams Farm Machinery out of Charlotte, MI. I'm not aware of any communication between them and Agco, the mechanic has been working on the MF and Challenger tractors for a couple of years now so I'd think he would have contacted them. I may have to question them about a computer replacement. Thanks for the suggestion Chris.

Edit: we've also been having some issues with the parking brake staying engaged. Could be a part of the same problem

Parking brake is not likely related, unless you are having deeper hydraulic issues. Williams has been around, but unless that tech has been there for more than a couple years, he's likely not seen a lot of issues with these tractors. I have been around them since they were new, and now I have to try an remember what is going on with them.

So, first problem, is making the thing act up so they can try to diagnose the real issue. The controllers I am talking about are the Auto 5 controllers that are used for Linkage, Park Lock, Front Suspension, etc. All of the hydraulic functions come from the Linkage Auto 5. I have replaced them in the past, but have also seen harness issues, valve issues, and issues that were completely unrelated cause enough CAN interference to kill the hydraulic valves or cause screwy problems.

We once had a MT645B that would take the engine to wide open throttle every time you pulled a remote valve. The valve was bad and it was trashing the CAN and the engine didn't know what to do.
Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)