AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Got a new cow catcher
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

littlejo
Posted 3/17/2021 09:09 (#8898638 - in reply to #8898215)
Subject: RE: Got a new cow catcher

Big Sky Country
I'm not sure, he does write a columne in one of the mags I get.

Ranch is in Sieben family, and of road phenomenal place. His Dad Chase also a good one. Up Hound Creek. Called-- or used to be-- The Wooden Shoe. Sieben was butcher in Helena in gold rush days. Turned some wore out oxen loose one fall, looked in spring to see if any made it, he'll--- they was ready to butcher. Hmmmm......I might start a ranch....
Lots on Internet re Whit. Curt Pate I think puts something on.

Our vet Clint Hilt outa Power got us started, He networks will h other vets and Tommy whose last name starts with H--- can't remember.

They put on a presentation , also lotsa about feedlots. Them guys are into it---bought some cattle with respitory issues with own $$$--- so they could post them. Talked about things I hadn't Considered-- like fact cow is prey animal, predators pick on sick and weak---so when checking pens the sick animals instinct is not to show weakness, makes it harder to detect.

Super Legion Hall in Dutton, well over 100 stockmen there--- by invitation. Coulda heard a pin drop---Everybody was paying attention.

Tommy is about my age, had a new hip when with the buffalo , I'd bought a pickup with auto as couldn't stand to push clutch in----- he talked me into a new one. Great hand and guy.

Clint is a dandy---- put this together, fed lunch, some his own $$$, got a couple drug cos to help with $$---- but told them I buy lotsa stuff from you this ain't a sales meeting. About one minute was devoted to them, there was some propaganda, note pads and pens laid out on table if you wanted it.

Edited by littlejo 3/17/2021 09:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)