AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sounds like too many coal and gas fired power plants have been shut down already
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

CMN
Posted 2/16/2021 07:37 (#8836018 - in reply to #8835750)
Subject: RE: Reads like States West of the Mississippi River should have built more Nuclear plants

West of Mpls MN about 50 miles on Hwy 12
Name one energy expansion project that hasn't had severe cost overruns, and delays regardless of source...including pipelines.

A friend of mine builds fuel rods for nuke plants. Unit three has been fueled, is in the test phase of construction, and will be on line this fall. The second reactors first load of fuel is waiting to be shipped, and will be on line fall of 2022.

https://www.powermag.com/vogtle-receives-first-shipment-of-nuclear-f...

I wonder if there was the same outrage about job loss when all those nuke plant construction projects were abruptly ended...I wonder if the coal and oil industry lobbied for the stopping of the new projects?

The same friend worked at a nuke plant site where there is a moth balled reactor build back in the 90's . He said power tools were left on the roof of the structure, and were still there several years after the project had been discontinued. That reactor was over 2/3rds completed when construction was stopped.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)