AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

earth tubes - anyone know how to design? -for barn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

rodrod5
Posted 1/21/2021 22:30 (#8770913 - in reply to #8770153)
Subject: RE: earth tubes - anyone know how to design? -for barn

Lubbock, Texas
I would consider calculating a regular hydronic system like you would use for a shop floor

only instead of running the hydronic lines from the ground through the floor you run them through a bunch of vehicle radiators with a that you buy from a salvage yard

you could even stack the radiators and box them in series with some sheet metal if you needed more ground sourced BTUs per air inlet and use a pusher or puller fan to move the air

you should be able to find some ground source hydronic calculations for a shop floor or residential type application and then you should be able to find some radiator air exchange capacities and then work those together

with the system I am talking about you can also adjust the flow of the water while keeping the same air exchange volume if you need the air volume exchange and the temp can fluctuate some

or if you wanted to increase or decrease the air exchange you can adjust the fan speeds

or if you had a well programmed plc you could adjust water flow and fan speed to keep a really constant temperature

with what I am saying as well if you "calculate" the system on a bar napkin while having a few beers and you find out it somewhat works, but you need a bit more well just bury some more tube in the ground and get some more radiators and fans

and if it is working too well.....well EXPAND!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)