AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What if .... AGCO had kept the Allis Chalmers Brand going ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

E.Daehler
Posted 1/21/2021 09:28 (#8769071 - in reply to #8768403)
Subject: RE: What if .... AGCO had kept the Allis Chalmers Brand going ?

Higginsville, MO
allis200 - 1/20/2021 23:14

Brandon - 1/20/2021 21:43

They tried from day 1, but they were unable to buy the name at a reasonable price. Allis-Gleaner Company, and the triangle logo was as close as they could come without getting sued by whoever owned the A-C logo and brand at the time.

Up until a couple years ago, AGCO held the right to the Allis-Chalmers name for farm equipment. They let that go a couple years ago. The use of the A-C name for everything else was owned by what was left of the A-C oil division. The first AGCO brochures had the name Allis Gleaner Corporation on them and was the name in the original press release of the buyout.

AGCO didn't ever have the rights for Allis-Chalmers to even put on tractors. That's would have said Allis-Chalmers if AGCO would of had the rights. The name was 1 million when the management team bought from Duetz and they had already were scrapping up cash just to buy the North America market. Management even put up their house for collateral.

There is a good size market for Allis Chalmers even today. It was mainly a corn belt brand but had a great network of dealers all over North America. Massey didn't ever do real good in the US and they have a horrible reputation for quality. I know for a fact in my area. If AGCO would focuse on the US and rebuild the dealer network and give guys the choice of their heritage color and name, then I think they could give Deere a run for their money. Many guys have switched to other brands because of AGCOs globalist views and its really cost them market share in the states. Kubota is above them on gross revenue so that makes AGCO number 4. The money and time to paint tractors colors the customer want would be well worth it. Allis-Chalmers is still a big name and beloved by many. The corporate jerks are too stupid to admit their screw up. It's like with Gleaner, they have a combine that always had capacity but it never was pushed till they figured out it would kick that giant turd Ideal rear end in the field.

I'm proud to run Allis and Gleaner. There is a good size community of us that has been shut out and silenced, I hope more will speak up and help bring the Allis brand back.

I'll start a new thread one of these days to bring up what Allis had in the works. It's been asked a couple times lately and I've got some stuff that not many people have that I'll show.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)