AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calculating Gallons Per Acre On A Sprayer When Spraying Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/21/2021 08:14 (#8768885 - in reply to #8768458)
Subject: RE: Calculating Gallons Per Acre On A Sprayer When Spraying Question

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
"I can't count the number of times someone tells me they need a 10 gallon tip and when I ask them how fast they want to drive they ask me "What difference does that make?" Everyone should learn how to spray with speed and pressure before they ever run a sprayer with an automatic rate controller!"

I am in full agreement with the above and when I worked as a Tech we used to laugh about those "magic tips" that put out 10 gallons/acre automatically no matter what pressure or ground speed was involved.

My own Father used to have two sets of tips. One which he called the 10 gallon tips and the other the 20 gallon tips. This was incorrect terminology since the applied rate was dependent on how the tips were used as far as pressure, spacing and ground speed.

What he really meant was that using our sprayer with 20" spacing, 40 PSI pressure and a ground speed of 5 MPH one set applied around 10 gallons/acre and the other are 20 gallons/acre. I learned early on that I shouldn't correct Dad with the details.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)