AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4830 JD sprayer.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Licensed to kill
Posted 1/20/2021 22:16 (#8768327 - in reply to #8768300)
Subject: RE: 4830 JD sprayer.

Northern Alberta
KDD - 1/20/2021 21:03

Not really “heavy on the rear end” if you put the right amount of weight on the front weight bracket.
It seems fashionable to call these sprayers rear-heavy. They don’t have to be.
After having two of them over a ten year period, I believe the soft, very nice-riding suspension is responsible for creating the FEELING of being tail-heavy. The suspension squats down when taking off, making it feel tail heavy.
Our present 4830 only has about 1600 hrs, but so far no big issues. We do try to keep the suspension links and boom greased, and hub oil changed.
My biggest complaint is engine noise, but two things helped: 1) running at 2100-2200 rpm instead of 2450, and 2) tighten the latch bolt on the RIGHT side cab window.
I understand there is a reversible/variable fan available from an after-market entity, that I think could be adjusted to reduce fan noise, which I think is the main source of engine noise.

Those fans are sold by Simon innovations for spraying tassled corn. It reverses and blows the shmoo out of the rad. They are thermostatically controlled so they flatten out when the temp is at or below operating and I am told that you are exactly right, most of the cab noise is the fan and these fans makes it MUCH quieter in the cab. Planing to put one on my sprayer this spring but not the reversing ( I don't do corn), just with the pitch adjusting blades.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)