AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

855 new holland baler input
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

eth555
Posted 1/18/2021 14:43 (#8761588 - in reply to #8761338)
Subject: RE: 855 new holland baler input

SE MN
I have 3 855 New Hollands (2 working and 1 parts). There was a serial number break where they increased the size of chain and slats; if you go to Shoup and look up replacement chain it will tell you the serial number breaks; the later 855's had larger chains/slats. If you are looking for parts balers make sure you are in the right serial number range. The air bags are expensive, but there was a thread on here (I think it was) that gives part numbers for a truck air bag that is supposed to work; but I have not tried a truck air bag yet. My 2 working units have the monitors with electric tie, but no net-wrap. I have made a lot of bales with mine, they do not make pretty bales, but they work great for me. If you are using all the bales for yourself it may be worth it, but if you are planning selling any bales, I would get something that makes pretty bales. They are heavy duty and well built, keep chains tight and an eye on the bearings and they run for a long time if the machine has been maintained well. They really shine in corn stalk bales; they are a bit hard on good alfalfa as they are not gentle when making a bale; but easy to get a bale to start so good to start round baling with.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)