AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Work bench and storage for farm shop
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Lookingglass
Posted 1/12/2021 13:47 (#8745300 - in reply to #8744714)
Subject: RE: Work bench and storage for farm shop

Southwest Illinois
Our in floor heat recovers very well. Sometimes ours stay shut all day, other days they may get opened 4 or 5 times. Once the door shuts you really don't realize much temperature difference. My big complaint with our old shop with a furnace, was no matter how hot you set the furnace at my feet were always freezing. I know radiant is better than forced air but I would take floor heat over radiant any day. I have a neighbor with tube heaters and he still complains about the cold floor. Heat rises no matter how you generate it. Some of it probably has to do with HVAC folks. You just don't hear much about radiant heat "here". The biggest mistake folks make is waiting too long to turn the floor heat on. If that slab gets cold it takes some time and fuel to get it warmed back up. It's certainly a personal preference. 10 years ago we got about 13K in our in floor heat for a 80x90 shop plus our 40x30 office/parts storage. Tube heaters were not going to e a realistic option in the 40x30 area due to walls and lower ceiling height.

By the way love your windows. We have 3 of them in our south wall, 2 in our east wall and 4 in the west wall. On sunny days we get a ton of natural light. Makes it nice if the lights are off and you just need to go get something you don't even need to turn the lights on.

Edited by Lookingglass 1/12/2021 13:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)