AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

9400 Combine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

soya257
Posted 1/10/2021 10:52 (#8739264 - in reply to #8739178)
Subject: RE: 9400 Combine

I'll have to tear the engine gearbox off, when it gets a bit warmer out and change the seal.

Sounds like I got some exploring to do on the ticking clicking sound..
I was out looking at the counter shaft gearbox and see the shaft that goes to the right side of the combine. I'll go and see about the shaft that has the universals on both end , about there being any play there.
Check the right side and see if there is a problem, with a bearing or collar there.
It does seem like it will start the noise when it twist some also near the end, but it started at the first this year when I engaged the head .
The problem just keeps getting worst, as I have to put the grease in more often and lots of it.
Thought it would be better to try and find the problem now, than when everything is flying off of the combine.
The two John Deere dealers closest to me , have no idea about what is causing the problem. That's why 'm trying to hopefully find a solution before having to get one of them involved in it.

Thanks for the suggestions !!
It will help me out a lot in having something to go by , in finding the solution.
Good thing ,is I made it through combining ..
I have until soya beans to get it fixed and running and don't want to do it at combining time..
Thanks Again!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)