AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need a recomendation on a large diesel Generator
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MaineFarmer
Posted 1/8/2021 03:45 (#8732736 - in reply to #8732171)
Subject: RE: Need a recomendation on a large diesel Generator

coast of Maine
My recommendation is buy a much higher KW unit than your largest perceived load.Stating any amount or size fans /pumps will not be accomplished with a smaller 15kw unit.Your fuel needs need to follow you or part of trailer.Years ago bought a new 125kw perkins driven,when diesel was sub 1.10$ and our electric co had lost its mind,ran that sucker 2 years ,off only at service.Diesel went to 1.25. power co sold out rates went down,diesel up ,kept as standby,just loved the day I told power co to stick it.(demand charges paid all diesel back then ),All destroyed in shop fire ,bought a 150 kw/onan/komatsu off Ebay,used a 275 fuel tank,all in with this replacement was under 18k including wiring.Probably double actual needs but never run around with worry when powers out.Just type in 150 kw genset on Ebay and shop away,or waht ever you want for size,will surprise you,A new 150kw perkins is now double what I paid 20 years ago but so our dollar goes...You wont tow a150 kw unit with fuel far with a pickup

Edited by MaineFarmer 1/8/2021 03:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)