AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Komatsu backhoe
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

BBfarms
Posted 1/6/2021 07:20 (#8726528 - in reply to #8726439)
Subject: RE: Komatsu backhoe

SE Michigan
No experience with one, I had Ford, (555C), and New Holland (555E), and now a Case (580 SM+ ) The Case has been the best by 10 fold., but it was a bit more $$ up front. That is OK, since it works every time I need it, could not say that about the Hew Holland.

Just the fact that all you see on job sites, farms, etc. are Case, Deere or Cat should tell you everything you need to know. These will cost you more up-front, but they will work when you need them. Parts for the Komatsu may be available, but from where and how long will it take to get them, and what will they cost? Speaking only in regards to the Case I have, there are tons of aftermarket parts available like engine parts, and cab glass (don't ask how I know that).

Even though I plan on keeping the Case for a long time, at least another 10-15 years / or until I stop this farm racket.....I am confident that it will have very good re-sale value and should sell very easy, where as the Komatsu may be hard to find a buyer for if you want anything close to what it's worth or not be trying to sell for 6 months to a year.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)