AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why is this on some tractors? - pic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/30/2020 10:37 (#8708165 - in reply to #8707932)
Subject: RE: Why is this on some tractors? - pic

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I bought an older Quad STX 450 on auction. It has one on it. I thought I was told it was an option. First time I decided to change it I found that there was no element in it. Apparently a previous owner had it plug and just threw the square filter element away. I replaced it along with the large can type on the engine and also the inline device.

Somewhere I got some instructions on draining it occasionally. Essentially shut off the engine. Shut off the fuel from the tank, open the bleeder on top, open the valve on the bottom and let it drain. When finished, shut the drain on the bottom, open the fuel from the tank and allow the fuel to push air back out the breather. When all the air has been pushed out the breather tighten it down and go. There does need to be enough fuel in the tank to be above the device otherwise gravity won't push new fuel in to displace the air.

I don't know if it would be worth it to add to an older tractor or not. We try to keep our fuel clean and don't use any fuel trailers.

Edited by tedbear 12/30/2020 10:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)