AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Massey 5S has landed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 12/23/2020 07:05 (#8691265 - in reply to #8690070)
Subject: RE: New Massey 5S has landed

Jeffersonville, OH
richvalley - 12/22/2020 18:39

I'm not arguing that fact, but combine sales have been terrible for all brands up here for 3 or 4 years. Very big Case store that normally would sell 20 or 25 new machines out of one store has sold 6 or 7 the last few years. The big issue for Agco up here is that fact that the gleaner wont replace the lost sales if the ideal doesn't take off. The ideal looks like a good machine but it should have been available in red just like in every other part of the Agco world. One big Massey dealer which has sold 100 plus 9895's or newer sold 3 ideals, not exactly going to sell a hundred in 10 years at that rate.

They have been terrible everywhere for the last few years. What was a 10K new combine market in 2012 has been hovering between 6-7K for the last few years. No one has been selling combines like they were.

I understand there are pockets of MF combines, just like the Gleaner market...but if that dealer had sold 100+ 9560/9565's to replace the 9895's, don't you think maybe there would still be a reason to build them? When the machines you are talking about being so plentiful are 2010 models, then why do you expect AGCO to keep building them to sit on lots?

Production is solely based off what dealers order, which is backed by customer demand. I have sold more S8 and S9 Gleaners than we did S6 and S7...Gleaner as a whole has increased share with the S9 combine, converting customers of other colors...Massey combines died a slow death because no one bought them. The only thing keeping them floating was overseas sales as MF and FENDT branded machines.

As for the IDEAL, don't know, not a dealer for them, honestly don't care to be. I sell enough Gleaners I have trouble keeping up, so I don't need another product line to manage. There are a ton of Gleaners in my service area over the last 80 years my family has sold them, and my customers seem to be very happy.
Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)