AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Massey Ferguson 8S Series announced Today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

zimmerman service
Posted 12/21/2020 16:11 (#8687351 - in reply to #8402473)
Subject: RE: the pretender?

Farmers in America love to hate on anything that doesn't say John Deere.

For us on the other hand really like our 7000 and 8000 series Massey tractors.

#1 the sisu is the most fuel efficient engine on the market. It's been proven over and over.
#2 the fendt cvt is best cvt on the market as well. No other cvt is as simple or lasts as long
#3 the cost of a Massey tractor is less than new holland or case ih, and is definitely less than JD
#4 I know that a lot of US farmers have less than desirable Agco dealers, however we have not 1, but two TOP NOTCH agco dealers here in Pennsylvania. I don't care who your dealer is or what brand they sell, they aren't better than ours. Both these places are first class.

Having said all of that, I can't say that I am thrilled with the way Agco handles their brands. If they would market and support these Massey tractors properly they could have a LOT bigger market share here. They have too many of the old grandfathered in Massey dealers that are nothing more than a hole in the wall that do way more harm than good for the Massey name.

And I am exited for the new series to replace our 7000 series tractors. However, with the 8S name, and now a 5S that replaces the 5700 series, I fear for the future of the 8700 series. It seems like Agco in all their wisdom is going to try to make the biggest tractors switch to Fendt. Ask anyone on here how well it goes when someone in another country tells them - the brand you have always used and like - it isnt actually the one you need. Here buy something with a different name and a different color instead.

yeah right...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)