AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone on here had COVID. What are the symptoms
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

notillmc
Posted 11/30/2020 17:58 (#8635697 - in reply to #8635397)
Subject: RE: Anyone on here had COVID. What are the symptoms

SW TX PANHANDLE
Burdick, glad to hear your doing much better. We are still n the process of moving my 73 year old dad who was in good health with no preexisting conditions from the covid icu to a rehab hospital. He has been on a ventilator for four weeks tomorrow, but has completely turned the corner. His lungs are working well and is only getting minimal supplemental oxygen from machine, not getting help to breath anymore. Put in a tracheotomy a week ago and that has helped a lot. He was fully sedated for 2.5 weeks and also got paralytic drugs. Doctors are very confident about his recovery now, but it was very dark for a week or two. Biggest thing now is getting strength back as he is too weak to even lift his arms. We are very thankful and fortunate to still have him as we’ve been told not many in his condition have made it. Probably looking at several months of therapy and rehab but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I think it’s a mistake for people to dismiss this virus because in our county of less than 20,000, there have been more than a dozen die from this in the last month. Most of them are in their 60s. The randomness of it is what makes it so scary. My dad lost his mother to covid in May, which was understandable as she was 97 and in declining health. Worst thing about this virus is the loneliness that accompanies those hospititalized.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)