AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Easy way to roll up old barb wire ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Iowajim
Posted 11/26/2020 08:12 (#8625697 - in reply to #8625475)
Subject: RE: Easy way to roll up old barb wire ?

NW Iowa
I used the wing off an old disk. I power it with a smaller hydraulic motor. I slid the outside bearing in so there was two blades outside the bearing. Then i flipped the two outside blades so they were dished in toward each other. A sacrificial pipe in between the blades in place of a spool completed it. Slide the blades with the pipe spacer between them on the end of the arbor bolt and screw on the nut. You have to use your ingenuity on how to couple the motor to the other end of the shaft. I used 1” square shaft welded to the end of the arbor bolt if I remember right. A 1” round to 1” square adaptor goes on the motor. I chain the whole works to the loader bucket using a lip on the wire roller to catch the cutting edge of the bucket. When winding I start out in low gear and upshift as the wire in the spool gets to a larger diameter. It isn’t perfect but I have wound up miles of wire with it. The tractor I used was old and had slow low pressure hydraulics. I dont know how it work on a newer tractor with high flow and high pressure.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)