AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case IH combine mames
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tobasco
Posted 11/22/2020 18:28 (#8616891 - in reply to #8615829)
Subject: RE: Case IH combine mames

SWMN
That makes sense. I couldn't remember the exact years. 1470's were built in batches. The base combine was built in EM and shipped to Spokane, WA where RA Hanson Co. added the hillside axles, leveling system and feeder front beater/front feeder face. When a batch was nearly sold out or sold out, this could take awhile in the 80's another would be scheduled and built. CRP took alot of the real steep ground out of production and cut into an already small market. Hence the real Hillsides for the extreme slopes, 1470's leveled to 48% are no longer in demand or built. Today's Hillco units fit the needs of today's farming for the most part with the older hillsides still being kept up for some of the remaining steep ground. Anyone out in the Hillside Country chime in and correct me, I haven't been out that way in a long time.

Pull types to were built in batches. They died off as well due to changing crops, harvesting practices and the use of more grain drying as I mentioned in an earlier post above.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)