AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case IH combine mames
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tobasco
Posted 11/20/2020 21:49 (#8615040 - in reply to #8614912)
Subject: RE: Case IH combine mames

SWMN
The last 1682"s were built in the early nineties perhaps 92. None had long sieves which came became available to North American machines then. There were never plans to build a 2182, the crops grown, direct cutting and artificial drying on the Canadian Prairies limited their application as a windrow harvesting machines to backup status. Many were eventually parked and cannibilized for parts to repair self propelleds.

You missed the 1670 they were one or two batches of those built in 1989.

Indeed the CNH combine platforms are a long story in and of themselves. Once developed Fiat likes to keep building it somewhere in the world for literally generations. I'm not really sure just how well the two platform strategy has paid out for CaseIH in North America. Many midranges are exported. Don't get me wrong, I believe they are an excellent evolution and we would likely have them on our farm if they fit our needs. For us its Flagships but everyone needs to choose what will work for them. I haven't been a CNH employee, for many years, one of the many that scattered in the wind. The New Generation Axial Flow was indeed the fitting of a single rotor into the NH New Generation Platform with the addition of CaseIH concepts and ideas which made it better suited for the bulk of the North American corn/soybean market. The NH units are also good machines as well, mostly hurt by the thin dealer network in much of the US.

The move of manufacturing to Grand Island from East Moline was any easy one as East Moline was old and the labor force organized by the UAW. When you buy a company, you can close down a plant, write it off fast and move elsewhere in a heart beat. If you are an on going business, you can do it but have to swallow the write off much slower. The Grand Island Plant is completely changed from the TR days preceding the merger, I took a tour a couple of years ago and was amazed at the changes the plant capacity was ratched up by 4 or 5 times that per shift now if demand requires it. Sad to see the CR's move exclusively to Zedelgem, Belgium (they have been built in both places for quite a number of years), but it's all about numbers, exchange rates, parts sourcing and supplier base.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)