AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2012 Gehl 5640 skid steer no crank
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

siberian
Posted 11/16/2020 20:06 (#8610828 - in reply to #8600713)
Subject: RE: 2012 Gehl 5640 skid steer no crank

Alaska
So I finally managed to get hold of the complete Service Manual. It's about 40MB but if someone can host, I'll be happy to share it. This covers all 40 Series Gehl (SL46/4840 and SL56/6640). So the differences between the helpful pics from Mr. Larson and mine are due to series differences.

I'm uploading one page of the wiring diagram and what I just saw in that on the right hand side of page 9-26 on the top of the schematic (above the hour counter) there seems to be a relay. I don't recall seeing one in mind so I'll have to have a look tomorrow.

What I did do is short across the two red wires on the key (to eliminate the key as a possible culprit) but did not get a crank. Though lights, pump etc. all work. So unless it is a faulty relay I'm back to thinking it's the solenoid or starter.

I do have a question I'd be grateful for some help. The 5640 has a hydro static drive train. Can this be dragged for a short distance? I need to remove the skid steer from it's shelter to be able to tilt the cab. So the plan wold be to get a buddy to bring his excavator and put a fork on it. With that disengage the blade on the front, then attach some chains and drag the skid steer out.

Thank you for any thoughts!

siberian

(Electrical Schematic (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Electrical Schematic (full).jpeg (76KB - 27 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)