AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How effective is chemotherapy?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

LTex
Posted 11/2/2020 10:51 (#8581800 - in reply to #8581522)
Subject: RE: How effective is chemotherapy?

West Texas
Keep in mind there are many different types of chemo just like we use different herbicides. They all act a little different from each other and are used for very specific types of cancer. My wife has gone thru over 20 rounds of chemo in the last 3 years and we will continue to do chemo until it will no longer work (like herbicide effectiveness on weeds). We have rotated between three different chemo drugs during this time and all three have been very effective. Without chemo she would have lived a few months after we found out she had cancer with chemo we have had several years together. Which is good since we have small children. Before anyone rules out chemo one way or the other listen to the dr and research the type of chemo it is. What she is on now is once every 5 weeks and she feels bad for about 4 days after the chemo. The prior chemo was much worse and we had to get off those drugs due to their side effects. My opinion with small children you fight for as long as you can. If I was in my 70s or later I might make a different decision. One thing about it my wife is the toughest person I have ever met. I don't think I could go thru everything she has gone thru. I bet we have also gone thru 20 surgeries in the last 3 years as well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)