AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tedbear and others tablet question for wifi camera.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/25/2020 05:57 (#8513998 - in reply to #8513719)
Subject: RE: Tedbear and others tablet question for wifi camera.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The version I have been using with my iPad and iPhone is called Cam Hi. The version I looked for to use with an old Tracfone was Cam Hi for Android but it didn't show but the Tracfone may have had too old of an operating system.

When I tried loading Cam Hi for the new Onn tablet from Wal-Mart last week, it did not show up but Cam Hi Pro did and that is what I am using. I believe the Onn tablet from Wal-Mart is using Android 9.xxx. All versions of Cam Hi and Cam Hi Pro are credited to Franck as the developer. I assume the Cam Hi Pro is a newer version and may be the only choice for the Android 9.xxx Operating System.

I wish I could lock it into the landscape orientation. Another quirk is that if you have more than one camera you can name them. In the IOS version, I named them with meaningful names for me. With the Cam Hi Pro version in the Wal-Mart Onn tablet, the choices seem to be from a fixed multiple choice list. So instead of being able to name the camera "Combine Back-Up" or something meaningful, my choices were limited to "Living Room", "Bedroom", "Baby Room" etc. This is not a big deal but I thought it humorous.

There are several other camera apps that are available and some may be better but Larsen Lights seems to only have experience with the Can Hi apps. I didn't seem to have much success when I tried some of the others but then again I didn't understand the terminology.

Edited by tedbear 9/25/2020 06:40

(IMG_0913[1] (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0913[1] (full).JPG (98KB - 128 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)