AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 4430 burning up clutches
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pirlbeck
Posted 9/13/2020 13:10 (#8493053 - in reply to #8493031)
Subject: RE: JD 4430 burning up clutches

West Central Iowa
TdsID - 9/13/2020 12:57

pirlbeck - 9/13/2020 12:38

We always pull the 2 speed when we have a QR tractor split at the engine/clutch housing. Our rational is that it don't take much time or money to check out and reseal the 2 speed IF there are no real problems there, but if there are problems they NEED to be addressed when the tractor is already split.

That would've been a very good idea for them to check that. The mechanic didn't check that because he was told to replace the clutch. They are expensive just to split a tractor, and since I've already paid them a lot for nothing, if it is a 2 speed seal issue, that might be my winter project.

Generally when we see a tractor with much of a leak in the 2 speed the operator will complain about slow and chattering hydraulics in either the low (1&3) or hi (2&4) with warm oil.

Here are some more DTAC solution numbers they may want to look at. Not saying these are or will fix your problems, most are just good info to know when working on one of these clutches. I would think someone that has been around these tractors for 40 years should be familiar with most of them........but you never know.

#22169 2-4-03
#22182 2-13-03
#21136 6-18-03
#20986 2-11-03

I think most of these DTAC solutions are from a lot earlier then 2003, this is most likely just the date when they transferred them from micro-film to the DTAC computer database.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)