AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I will STAKE MY REPUTATION on ITW short
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 9/15/2009 23:33 (#848656 - in reply to #848368)
Subject: you may actually be on to something

Pittsburg, Kansas

Well AT it is pretty easy to bet something that has no value to begin with because there is basically nothing to loose so why not?

But I will give you this one. A company that shows a 25% negative quarterly revenue growth and a 66% negative quarterly earnings growth (Key Statistics) but is forecasting increased earnings sounds like a company that is dumping employees, cutting costs and selling assets to beat the bands to show a good profit quarter next report. Also considering the fact that there were zip insider purchases and 1,118,550 insider shares sold (Inside Trades) which amounted to 22% of insider shares held doesn't look so rosy either. If there is a bunch more insider selling when they can squeak out a little profit next quarter because they are selling the inventory, shelves and bathroom fixtures and whatever else they can do to generate income (to make the quarter look like they are doing great despite the recession) it will pretty well be clear that the rats are deserting a sinking ship.

I think you may have something this time despite you not giving a single reason of explanation of why you are giving a short sell recommendation nor giving any educational or discussion value to the forum, as usual.

John

Edited by John Burns 9/15/2009 23:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)