AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stock trading platform
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

WYDave
Posted 9/9/2020 14:12 (#8485179 - in reply to #8484428)
Subject: RE: Stock trading platform

Wyoming

TD Ameritrade and the ThinkOrSwim platform would be my recommendation. With ThinkOrSwim, you can trade stocks, futures and options in the same platform, through the same broker.

For stock trading, I like Schwab's Streetsmart Edge platform. It's easier (IMO) to execute bracketed trades and multi-leg option trades with Streetsmart than with ThinkOrSwim.

NB that TD Ameritrade and Scwhab are in a proposed merger at this time. At some point in the future, they might be the same company.

For my bond/investment accounts, I like Schwab because they have a wealth of research available for low or no cost. Schwab also does not hypothecate investor accounts, and I'm pretty adamant about that for the majority of our money. Hypothecation of customer accounts is how some farmers got the shaft when MF Global imploded in 2011.

"Hypothecate" is a fancy financial world term meaning "We, the broker or investment management company, are going to use your, (retail investor) accounts for collateral while we play high-wire acts with derivatives and off-market instruments for our financial gain at your risk..."

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)