AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ordering 2010 seed corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JDH SE IA
Posted 9/11/2009 09:48 (#842726 - in reply to #842577)
Subject: RE: Ordering 2010 seed corn

Burlington, IA
Actually, there are 5 in that range, not including any mid season introductions, which has happened before. The website usually covers the highlights, but that's beside the point. My overarching message in my posts here, which others here seem to be overlooking, is that there are companies out there who are expanding their conventionals, not going the other way. I used mine as an example. I'll say it again, keep digging. Depending on how far north you are, I can't help but wonder if you're restricting yourself a little maturity wise? I have clients in the Eldredge-LeClaire area planting 108-113 day corn, and getting along fine.

You did mention Clearfield. For those who aren't familiar with it, there are some darn good Clearfield hybrids out there. The nice thing is that they are considered to be conventionals, because the gene is introduced through normal breeding practices. There are also no tech fees involved. Neither does a person have to use the herbicide, although Lightning is a very good post emerge. Every client I've ever worked with, that used it, was happy with the job that Lightning did, and with how the hybrids yielded.

JDH
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)