AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain Pit Pics Concrete
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

sloughclub
Posted 8/9/2020 15:43 (#8424916 - in reply to #8424246)
Subject: RE: Grain Pit Pics Concrete

Southern Missouri
Dan I’m going to email you a couple pics/videos of my steel basement and a 700 bu grain cart that I’m putting in the ground for our dump pit,I priced what your putting in and think it’s a great setup ,there are some of those in my area and I went and looked at those installs but before I stomach the price tag on those I’m gonna try my elcheapo system,paid 5g for the cart and paid 4500 for the steel I’m using to build the basement and the I beams that will run over the basement,actually gonna put I beams level with top of cart and top of basement and then beams will stick into approximately 3x3 ft concrete footer and each end of basement and then have concrete runways poured leading to the pit,we’re waiting on bin dealer to finish double pump installation that’s taking grain away from this pit to our bins and when we get hole dug and steel basement lowered in I’ll send more pics and let you know how it goes ,you’ll have my contact info in my email,walls of basement will be strengthened by steel running from outsides of cart over to inside basement walls and then we’ll fill outside of basement and use drain tile outside bottom of basement coming in to sump pump inside of basement,will have room to work all around cart down in basement when It’s all finished,I like the idea of being able to get down around outside of moving parts ,my steel dealer found 3/8 thick 4x10 panels that entire basement is built of ,its 14 wide 18 long and it’s all now painted with agriguard paint awaiting the install in the ground ,interested in how your electrical will turn the pit on and off ,we’re wanting to be able to drive off and let pit empty and shut everything off,electrician has told me probably be done with amp draw on auger motor,thanks for any info.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)