AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Talk to me about a skid steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

born_in_ad1
Posted 7/29/2020 06:31 (#8402323 - in reply to #8401882)
Subject: RE: Talk to me about a skid steer

ESW ND
You mentioned "old" a couple times. You didn't say what number, but...climbing in to a normal skidsteer isn't always an easy task, even if you are younger. I'm nervous about watching Dad go into ours(very rarely). Legs and arms don't work like they use to as a person gets older. We have a bobcat 773, like it alot. Almost tipped it backwards a few times on steep ground. Too short of wheel base. Ooowee, I puckered and held my breath. Then it was like the guy who disarms bombs. Verrrry slowww and me-ti-cou-lous-ly ease your way along. The little mini loaders like garvo and carlson have are sure nice. My neighbor has a side entry JCB. I crawled into that out of curiosity. Oh, that'll be our next machine. It was a bigger class than ours, but it sure felt safer in and out with full coveralls on. Just my thoughts.

toby - 7/28/2020 21:13

Getting older and need the mechanical advantage more than ever. I kinda of think a skid steer would be a good move for this old guy. Used to move dirt gravel ect for raod upkeep and cattle working areas. also a rock drill would be another attachment that would be important. Need one that we could stack baleage with from time to time bales 5 x 4.5. Do not have a budget as this is kinda of what I want from you. We are mechanical and can do most of our own work.

Toby
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)