AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Massey Ferguson 8S Series announced Today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

student
Posted 7/24/2020 15:33 (#8393614 - in reply to #8393051)
Subject: RE: New Massey Ferguson 8S Series announced Today

Niese - 7/24/2020 09:48

Looks good. I thought they just updated the 8000 series a few years ago? I figured this was a 7000 series update. Still waiting on the Massey ideal combine or a articulating massey

Not that I would be able to afford either lol

It is a 7000 series update.... will replace the 7700 series. Seems a bit confusing that they named it 8S, but I thought maybe either the 8700s are going away in the future, or perhaps 8700 successor series will be named 9S???

My "sources" say the the Challenger name will largely disappear from North America and Fendt will continue to be positioned as the "main" brand, with lower hp Fendt series coming to the states. MF will stick around, but the large hp line (8700) will disappear to push customers to the Fendt 900 and 1000. Take this with a grain of salt... if there are others on here who could disprove or verify this info, please do.

I have nothing against MF, but electronics and hydraulics on the Fendt seem to be much better engineered and more reliable than on the MF. The Agco CVT and Sisu engines are sound, it's some of the bits around them that have been issues on the MF/Challenger side. From this perspective, it makes good sense to push the technically superior product as the main brand, and discontinue spending resources maintaining the MF high hp line in parallel.

On this 8S, the Dyna-E Power trans appears to be the Dyna-6 (well, now Dyna-7) modified to work in a dual clutch configuration.... time will tell how reliable this proves to be. I found it interesting that Dyna-VT won't be available till late next year, this must be a strategy to push these other transmissions out there.

Cab looks good IMO... it's a much-needed update from the current cab. It looks like they really worked hard on the cab design, and I'm sure it will end up on other series machines as well. The new color theme with the gray cab kinda shocked me, I wasn't expecting that. There's a video where they say the intent was to invoke the silver/red styling of the old 2600/3600 tractors which is neat IMO.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)