AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

foliar feeding
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Gerald J.
Posted 9/7/2009 11:56 (#838104 - in reply to #837912)
Subject: Re: foliar feeding

You ask the world but offer too little information for a quality answer.

Somewhere between 10 psi and 90 psi, any one of 50 different nozzles, depending on brand, spray volume, nozzle spacing, and ground speed, and it depends on the crop and the chemical. Get thee a catalog from TeeJet and study it. ALL the possible combinations WORK. Some work better than others and some work better for different applications.

That being said, for common chemicals like glyphosate, I like to run 30 psi, 8 gallons of water to the acre, 20 inch nozzle spacing and 8 mph with Air Injected Turbo TeeJets. TTI 110025. There are indications that for spraying insecticide for soy bean aphids and for fungicide for rusts and such that higher pressures and smaller drops are important for complete canopy penetration. I think that simply spraying from the top may not be effective enough in some cases and using drops with side shooting nozzles may improve the effectiveness of those sprays where its important to reach stems and both surfaces of the leaves. But I don't see that suggested in the catalogs yet.

I repeat, "GET THEE the TURBO-TEE catalog and study it." I MEAN to preach those words.

Gerald J.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)