AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How many live on Gravel roads.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

StxPecans
Posted 7/7/2020 20:27 (#8360151 - in reply to #8360078)
Subject: RE: How many live on Gravel roads.

My road to my house, right before Covid they spent 3 weeks working on it. They milled the edges and ass they milled they layed out concrete sacks and milled it all together. Knew it wouldn't last. This picture is from a while back it is much worse. I would say 80 to 100 people have to travel this road to get to their house. The picture doesn't represent it well but those are approaching a foot deep. About 3 miles of road like that. Infact after I took that picture we finally got some rains and the road is much worse.
Bad thing is my county commissioner has no plans on fixing it. The contractor that did the work was having trouble getting paid. And our county has no budget to repair or replace the road. I think we have a budget of 800k$ to keep up some 150 miles of road. Our roads are bad. This is actually one of the few paved roads most are gravel and are lucky if they get graded / ditches mowed once a year. New gravel to the road just doesn't happen its probably been 5 years or more since any roads around my house have seen new gravel, even 1 truck load.
Everyone's vehical had a rattle and you can tell which neighbor is driving by just by the rattle.

Edit to add

Funny they put up 45mph speed limit signs all up and down the road. But there is no way your going to be going 45mph down the roads.

Edited by StxPecans 7/7/2020 20:29

(IMG_20200424_162002 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_20200424_162002 (full).jpg (345KB - 14 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)