AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Short Mississippi River trip from St Louis to Quad cities.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

GrainTrader
Posted 6/18/2020 17:32 (#8322333)
Subject: Short Mississippi River trip from St Louis to Quad cities.

20 Miles West of Indianapolis Indiana
Might bore my wife to death, but trying to talk her into a long weekend drive along the river from St Louis to Quad cities. With Covid I don’t think We’ll get to go to the ball games we’d wanna go to, but should still be a lot of nice scenery.

What all is there to see/do along this route?

Wanting to drive to St. Louis one day and stay a night. See the arch and find a nice place to eat and then relax.

Drive towards Hannibal the next, visit some touristy/Mark Twain stuff there. Drive through it once a year but haven’t stopped in many moons. Kinda hoping to find some spots there to some day take our daughter on our way to visit family in Missouri in the future. Maybe try a river boat dinner/cruse? Stay the night in Hannibal.

Then drive towards quad cities next day. Don’t know what we’d do there. Been to a river bandits game before but don’t know it it’ll be open. Maybe if we don’t get our boat cruise in at Hannibal we’d do it here? Or if someone things there’s one better at one stop over the other we’d do that and something else In the other town?

Drive back towards Indy the next morning.

I didn’t grow up in a river area, and I’ve traveled over the Mississippi probably 100+ times in my life. Never driven up/down the river. Always thought it’d be neat to not be on a schedule and just drive and take in some scenery and a little history.

What advice do some have? Any hole in the walls that we need to try to be near at lunch or Late breakfast time?

Are the bridges marked on this map the only bridges between STL and QC or are there others? Between the bridges is there a side we need to be on vs another for scenery? Mid July time frame likely if we go.

Edited by GrainTrader 6/18/2020 17:35

(2C66150D-3C21-4226-8F7A-D056A31B2B6E (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 2C66150D-3C21-4226-8F7A-D056A31B2B6E (full).jpeg (205KB - 503 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)