AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for ideas, originally on precision forum
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KevinM
Posted 5/30/2020 06:50 (#8288793 - in reply to #8288217)
Subject: RE: Looking for ideas, originally on precision forum

SE IL

blane - 5/29/2020 21:00 I am running a 28% sidedress rig with a raven control system, hooked to JD 8410 with GPS and a 2600. The 2600 shows good gps and radar speed, but the speed display from the Raven node is intermittent therefore the application is intermittent. The applicator is owned by my fertilizer dealer, who spent several hours on it this afternoon without solving the problem. He tried a different node and various setting changes to get it working, it would run for a minute or two, then speed would drop to zero, and then erratically report the speed. The displayed speed in the tractor is steady, but the speed showing on the “sprayer” screen (on the 2600 ) is zero, or 2, or 6, then zero again. Any ideas what to look into?

Do you have another tractor you can try? Have you ever used this system before? Sounds like it may be a wiring issue. Different systems require a different signal for speed and different speed sources put out different signals. Could you add a different speed source such as a gps speed puck? Can you input a fixed speed into the Raven and get it to hold? I have had a radar go bad on a tractor before and it was intermittent. Try to watch radar speed on the side panel of the tractor as well as the 2600 in the performance monitor. To get gps speed to the Raven you will need to install a wire in pin one of the tractor side of the connector to the receiver and run it into the cab to switch with the radar wire in the side console-assuming you are using a Deere receiver. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)