AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wurdinger tile plow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tj_farmer
Posted 8/29/2009 12:21 (#828792 - in reply to #828739)
Subject: Re: Wurdinger tile plow

NW central IL
well i spent 20000 on a contractor and was just getting started eariler this year, id go broke with him, no plows in this territory. everyone around here has wheel machines and getting 1.1 to 1.20 just to cut. i dont claim to be any kind of expert, i check my lanes at end of job, then week later, to make sure i dont need to fix old ones up. havent so far. i tile for myself and landlords only, at this point anyway. we run g.p.s. and checked first three lanes with laser. havnt had any problems....yet.
i guess what im saying is dont classify all farmer plow guys together, same as i dont classify all contractors out there. theres good ones and bad... just like the guy who dont use guidence to plow tile in.....im in the process on trying to tile 2000 acres over time that we own, let alone that we rent, i feel it was a very good investment, really i need a old chain or wheel down the road, but till then ill use my local guy. im that guy that lets you install in season when he gets close, so i can get it done. im not a drunk and hope to not go broke anytime soon, but ya never know with this ecomomy. cant stand the coffee shop, dont go much, too much gossip.

Edited by tj_farmer 8/29/2009 20:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)