AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hydra hume on winter wheat ground
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 8/27/2009 23:30 (#827270 - in reply to #827104)
Subject: Re: Thanks all!

Southeast Wyoming

Ed, I'll probably give it a try on some 60 - 90 acres of wheat but will not have a side-by-side comparison - but I'll try to remember to report back.

I priced it today and they are talking 5 lbs or 5 gal/acre since I'm not putting on a lot of fertilizer.  They recommend up to 10 gal/acre with higher fertilizer rates.  Apparently the cost is $1/gal so we must be talking a diluted mixure.

I do not have a dry spreader, this coop does not have one in the area, their big applicator is about 80 miles away and cannot schedule me for 2-3 weeks so I'll probably go with the liquid w/hydra hume on some ground.  The liquid is priced higher but they claim an "efficiency" gain of 7.5% with liquid so they recommend less, "making the price about the same for liquid and dry."  I may go with some dry fertilizer from brand x on some other ground.

It's been so long since we had enough moisture on dryland crops I've avoided fertilizer for many years, except a little NH3 on irrigated land.  I need to see if I can match my fertilizer to the amount of water available between now and harvest next summer.

Thanks again all!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)