AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

N/E Iowa soybean diseases
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

greenpower
Posted 8/27/2009 11:26 (#826447)
Subject: N/E Iowa soybean diseases

N/E Iowa
I know it's just about everywhere, but I was traveling different roads yesterday in Northern Iowa and noticed the bean fields have alot of Sudden Death, and what looks to be white mold! I honestly didn't drive by one field of beans that didn't have some type of spots out in the field that was from S/D, or more than likely white mold starting to show up. They are telling me now that there is "Brown stem rot" to be checking for!! On top of the Aphids that i sprayed for last week!!!

And to top it all off, the guys that farm down here (around me) that have corn on corn for the past 5 years or so are having fits with corn bore problems! There are several big farmers that farm all corn on corn, and they have 30 to 40% of there corn going down do to the high infestation levels of corn bores that are working in the fields!! And it's only going to get worse, we are atleast 3 weeks from doing any harvesting of corn. I myself planted my first corn on the 17th of April (101 day Corn on bean ground) checked it the first of the week, and it's only 3/4 dented!!! Our last corn was planted May 8th, and is roasting ears at best! NO FROST UNTIL OCT 15TH!!!!!!!

Mid 60's for highs have slowed this crop down greatly!! we should be in the lower 80's, but there has only been a handful of those days since the first of August!! They said Sunday morn........................... 42 to 46 for a low!! BRRRRRRRRRRRRR.Fells like the first of October! LOL

Edited by greenpower 8/27/2009 11:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)