AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help with 24 volt komatsu alternator/ starter wiring
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tazzerblue
Posted 5/13/2020 09:29 (#8253269 - in reply to #8252143)
Subject: New photo, voltage test

SW MN
Ok. I’ll post a photo of the disconnect. And it shows the batteries and the fuse link coming off + battery post. With just the disconnect turned on I have 2.6 volts on starter terminal. With the key in run position it goes to 24.7 volts. Unit starts and runs fine. It came with the alternator disconnected, and not charging.So I’ve been figuring that out. Traced it to a wire cut off by the starter. Which looks like It had been recently replaced. As per schematic this wire goes on B terminal on starter and B terminal on alternator. I still don’t understand the 2.6 volts at starter with key off. Is there some function with the key switch? Cable looks to be a direct link. I’ll have to get down in there to check for sure. And I’ll attach new end to connect alt to starter. Scary part is the guy that owned it had his son-in-lawTruck mechinic try to figure out the alternator issue. looks like they were trying to attach the B terminal to the ground on starter..
edit: I've been cleaning up this machine, new to me and new to excavators. I've ordered some o-rings for some leaks on adjusting valve spools just off main pump. I also have to adjust the tracks, one is over tight and other loose. should make a good farm machine when I get the hang of it.
Can a hyd thumb be attached? or stay mechanical? looking for a valve stack that one could be added, or spliced in.
Thanks for the help..

Edited by Tazzerblue 5/13/2020 09:39

(871C61E7-2CCD-4B53-9AA3-F72AA4451154 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 871C61E7-2CCD-4B53-9AA3-F72AA4451154 (full).jpeg (173KB - 25 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)