AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wurdinger tile plow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tj_farmer
Posted 8/26/2009 09:56 (#824910 - in reply to #824880)
Subject: Re: Wurdinger tile plow

NW central IL
ill try something objective. before i purchased mine, earlier this year, i looked at most the plows out there, including an older wolfe plow... did not like the design on the wurdingger, thought the gold digger was alittle light, liked the johnson's overkill in built, and design was good...now wolfe is a hell of a unit, but the idea of trailering it everywhere, initial cost, and being able to use my tractors in offseason. i bought a johnson. i have two 50000 lbs 4wd's and 2 30000lbs mfds to help out....my dirt is black deep. that will make a difference, clay is some tough pulling shoot for a tractor. if i pulled pipe in clay all the time, id of bought a wolfe plow. but for me, my 50k tractors will play with it, at 1.0-1.5 mph, 5-6.5 deep....havent had to go deeper yet. i pull mostly 4" and 6" tile, bought 8" but havent used it yet....grade is not a problem, checked with laser, im a happy buyer...p.s. havent had anything bigger then the backhoe to help me through a spot 100 ft long yet.....

Edited by tj_farmer 8/26/2009 10:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)