AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A couple of interesting articles on the Seed Industry
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ohseed
Posted 8/26/2009 08:25 (#824777 - in reply to #823945)
Subject: Re: A couple of interesting articles on the Seed Industry

I am not taking a Pro Monsanto stance; it's a pro advancement stance. If the tech leader is handcuffed/penalized in any industry; how much innovation would happen in that given industry.

In reference to why I called Optimum GAT soys a failure: 1. Dupont had to stack w/ RR to advance; so stand alone it is not. 2. Regardless of 1586's opinion dicamba or 2-4d tolerant soys would be a superior option at least in the east. Because of the ALS resistant/tolerant weed spectrum.

Here is another issue that has not been mentioned regarding Optimum GAT: Once a field goes to an Optimum GAT crop with increased levels of ALS herbicides that field will be 'locked into' an Optimum GAT corn or soy crop. Talk about not having choices, there isn't much ALS tolerant corn to choose from and GAT soys only. And you can forget about planting a wheat crop in that field, unless there is an Optimum GAT wheat or a large choice of ALS wheat seed. If GAT took off on a large scale, would Dupont become the devil?

Out of my respect for the excellent agronomic advice and agronomic practices represented on this forum, I think the mods should move this topic to the Boiler Room. This whole topic is better suited for the Boiler Room forum, due to its emotional attachments that this discussion always brings. I am out for a few days, I'll try to figure out the email in my posts; and my detractors can have at me; I will try to respond as promptly as I can.

Every topic needs both sides represented, hopefully someone from Monsanto, or other biotech trait providers or Dupont could weigh in on the subject.

Edited by ohseed 8/26/2009 08:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)