AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A couple of interesting articles on the Seed Industry
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

steveMIfarmer
Posted 8/25/2009 22:49 (#824422 - in reply to #824108)
Subject: Re: A couple of interesting articles on the Seed Industry

West Michigan
Monopoly. Last time I checked MONO means one. Unless I have lost my mind there are other seed companies left besides Mosanto. Dupont, Syngenta, Agrigold/Greatlakes just to name a few. In the above example GM and Dodge would be idiots for signing up for Fords technology. Just like all the companies that signed up with Monsanto. Instead of coming up with traits themselves they jumped into bed with Mother M. Now there are no good Non-Gmo choices because all these companies couldn't wait to jump in bed with Monsanto and stopped coming up with good new non gmo options. They just so happened to jump in bed with the devil. Seed companies should have demanded something in the contract that M would not undercut there sales. Or better yet never sign up with mother M and realized they got beat to the punch. Then work even harder to improve there own buisness even if it means they lose big time sales for a few years until they caught up. Instead they said well they beat us so I guess we will join. Just as the old saying goes If you can't beat em join em.

As I said above I sell any seed and don't work for a seed company.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)