AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wurdinger tile plow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bandsaw
Posted 8/25/2009 22:13 (#824334 - in reply to #823568)
Subject: Re: Wurdinger tile plow

SW IN
We have the single axle pull type plow. I wouldn't mind having the tandem axle. Although we have hilly ground, we also have some creek bottoms that are pretty flat. In fact, on several fields, the creek has been straightened, and the old creek filled. That means sometimes we have a low place in the middle and have to allow for that when tiling. As small farmers, we hated to lay out the substantial cost of an automatic laser control for our plow, that will only be used a few days or weeks a year. We came up with a workable solution, at least for us. We bought a pretty good contractor's grade laser. It will adjust grade up or down, as well as tilt left or right. We mounted a seat and hydraulic valve on the plow. The receiver that came with the laser mounts to a square mast, that I can rotate if needed. My brother drives the old Allis Chalmers 440 and I ride the plow. We often need another tractor on the front. The downside is it does take an extra man. We feel we can tile as accurately as any other system. We have had to lay lines with as little as a half inch in 100 feet rise in order to tile a hole. We had water coming out by the time we finished the run, so felt pretty good about it. Don has changed his design since we bought ours. His plow now pulls a boot for all sizes of tile, and is narrower. My neighbor has a small three point hitch model, and I can see his pulls easier than ours. Nothing at all wrong with a Gold Digger plow, but we bought our plow for about half what the Gold Digger would have cost.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)