AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A couple of interesting articles on the Seed Industry
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Posted 8/25/2009 21:47 (#824277 - in reply to #824034)
Subject: Re: A couple of interesting articles on the Seed Industry

ohseed - 8/25/2009 17:06

"I think you are the one with your head in the sand SIR if you haven't seen what M has done to small seed companies. If you like I can put you in contact with a seed company owner to see what kind of contracts M asks these companies to sign. M WILL offer these small companies contracts to sell certain numbers of bags for this year and if they don't the keys get turned over to them. Ahhhhh then they come in and undercut the small company with their own seed so small company can not meet sales goals and they are DONE!"

Why would someone sign a contract like that? Who would risk their entire business over hitting a sales goal that would not be attainable?

"What if Pioneer and ProAccess partners can sell RW seed for less than you can do you feel that competition is unfair since you don't have ProAccess seed?"

No, I do not believe that competition on RW seed for less from Pioneer and ProAccess would be unfair. Agrisure 3000GT should be a close option in terms of price.

"You are wrong when you say that Dupont doesn't want to pay for RR soybeans with GAT. Monsanto in their BIG BROTHER mentality did not allow Dupont to cross RR with GAT."

Am I? Pioneer sells more Monsanto traits than any one else; why would Monsanto want to lose that $; I think the more likely answer is Dupont doesn't want to pay the asking price.

On a final note, at one time I was probably the most anti-Monsanto person you could have met, but the lack of progress from their biotech competitors the last several years has been astonishing. Now as for the future, Dow is starting to show signs of progress; can they make the traits marketable? Bayer is doing some work; who knows how that will go (I hope better than their LL Soy launch; I had high hopes for LL Soy in the east for weed control issues. But frankly the demand is just not showing at this point). Now Dupont seems to be dragging; they have yet to bring a trait to the marketplace on their own and it appears there are crop safety issues with Optimum GAT soys. How is the GreenLeaf deal going to work when the partners (Dupont and Syngenta) are pushing different trait platforms? Syngenta has failed to take a leadership role with their genetics in order to launch their traits on a larger scale.

Yes I sell Monsanto traits, as well as NON-Traited seed, LL Soys, LL corn, Herculex traits, and on occasion some organic corn and soy.

"Am I? Pioneer sells more Monsanto traits than any one else; why would Monsanto want to lose that $; I think the more likely answer is Dupont doesn't want to pay the asking price."

Prove it! You are spreading HOGWASH! There is no dispute over payment of tech fees. The dispute is BIG BROTHER M not wanting Dupont to cross GAT genes with RR1 soybeans to have ALS tolerance. This would trump Monsanto's Dicamba resistant technology to the marketplace. It is all BS. Why did they not throw a fit over crossing RR corn with Herculex? Monsanto is being a PIG!

"Why would someone sign a contract like that? Who would risk their entire business over hitting a sales goal that would not be attainable?"

They are forced into the agreement! That is why! They have no other choice. This is direct information from a small seed company owner/partner that has seen this happen.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)