AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wurdinger tile plow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TS79
Posted 8/25/2009 17:06 (#823992 - in reply to #823863)
Subject: Re: Wurdinger tile plow

NE Iowa
The two mains things I've noticed between the two is that the wheels on the Johnson settle backwards where as the Gold Digger they settle forward. The performance issue we see with the Johnson is the when you drop in make your connection and initially begin cutting ground the plow itself begins to pivot on the hitch itself which with what I've seen can damage the tile or possibly pull it from the main itself.. If your careful, take your time, and blind the tile well and possibly stand on it, it normally doesn't cause any issues.. From what I've heard from the guys at soil max, having the wheels extend forward when lowering the plow corrects this problem.. It's one of those thing's you don't notice right away and hard to describe it could be something we are possibly doing wrong.. After you see it happen I'm convinced the wheels settling forward would correct the problem.. The second thing I like about the Gold Digger is the down pressure valve they have available for your plow wheels. The Johnson doesn't have this option so when you lower the plow into a hole and it's a fairly soft bottom you put the tractor into float then the plow weighs enough to were it settles into the dirt itself then you may or may not have to shovel in dirt under the tile to keep your grade in spec..

One thing I'd like to see in a test is a pull comparison between the two similar size models from each company, we pull our Johnston with a 9270 fully weighted and have to put a pull tractor on the front from time to time..

I'm sure they both have there pro's and con's but in my opinion I prefer the Gold Digger.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)