AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Using a PTO Pump on a NV4500 to move farm implements with my F-450.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ben D, N CA
Posted 4/30/2020 10:26 (#8226630 - in reply to #8226286)
Subject: RE: Using a PTO Pump on a NV4500 to move farm implements with my F-450.

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
Even if I had all the stuff I'm not sure I'd go that route. I have a 12 volt electric/hyd unit that works just fine. It has just as much pressure, just not the volume of a larger pump. But if all your doing is raising a disk or something up, who cares if it takes 2 seconds or 15 seconds. The only drawback is they have pretty small reservoirs so might need to add a gallon of oil if you pick up something big.

I took it out of the pickup it came on, added some 5' jumper cable type leads. With some nice light 1/4" hose the whole thing only weighs 40 lbs when it's full of oil. Pretty easy to throw it in a pickup and go get an implement. It's nice that it can be used with any pickup, doesn't have to be the service truck. It will get borrowed an awful lot though...

I don't use it as much as I thought I would though, I've just tried to make it a habit of leaving things up if I unhook them anywhere but at the shop. That way you don't need a tractor or hydraulics to move something. Just had to buy a few jacks for things I used the hydraulics to raise the tongue up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)