AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

soybean pod counts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

kwvnhfr1
Posted 8/19/2009 07:01 (#816510)
Subject: soybean pod counts

Blue Grass (Eastern IA)
Did some pod counts today. Beans are R4+ I think. Pods are filling but still shooting more. BB size beans most of the way up. Planted 5-20. RR2's 40 pods/plant with a couple of 4 bean pods/plant, all the rest are 3's, not standing the best. Asgrow 3402rr 70-80 pods/plant all 3 bean pods. Why did I pay more for the RR2's? These are planted in twin rows harvest pop will be about 125,000. This puts yield at 145bu if all the pods fill. Any guesses how many will abort? We have a full soil profile of water and are getting 1.5"/week, no disease showing yet, aphids at 80/plant, inoculated with Valt, Med P & K levels, tiled, no fungicide or insecticide other than on seed . Been a lot of wet foggy days, wet with dew until noon, then wet agian by 7:00. Should I be spraying fung. to protect yeild? Never done it before, but may be flying on warrior anyway next week if the Aphids keep coming on like i'm hearing around here. The best I have ever had averaged 73bu on 35A with monitor hitting 85, these look better. If they do more than 72bu I'll need another bin. Would be a nice problem to have.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)