AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dr Birx
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 3/27/2020 07:59 (#8142532 - in reply to #8142408)
Subject: Going up though..

I'll admit that we got to 1,000 deaths and the Lead for total cases pretty quickly.

Still..  We got there because we are now testing..

Who knows what China REALLY has as some dispute their numbers and what their numbers mean..

Also.. no doubt that the US number is undercounted as we all know stories of people who think they have it.. but not tested and are quarantining at home in place.

Frankly cutting the BS aside.. the Federal Government has done a good job.. WAY WAY WAY better than the Media.

We need to minimize the effects to.. If I use the Word Economy (your putting Lives ahead of Safety.) so I'll say things like Food production.. (People got to eat.. Certainly Health Care workers and those who supply them and the rest of us..) but.. We need basically the REST of the Economy behind us.. (So you ARE putting lives at risks..)

Putting lives at Risks..

How long can we shelter in place?

Can we skip a crop growing year?

Well Farmers can Isolate themselves...

Yes but Farmers NEED seed, fertilizer, parts and financing.. etc.

Oh..

The neighbor still needs a part for his planter from a business which is shuttered.. Planting is on HOLD for him until he gets that part.

How much of this crop can we really plant under these conditions.

I know this first hand as I was delivering grain to a feedlot last week.. and one of the Secretaries was freaking out.. too much CNN.. and basically had to go home.  I get that.. We're all scared..

but are we going to STOP Food Production?

I wasn't impressed with the New York Governor saying that New York needed ALL the supplies.. (which it's bad there I get that..) WHILE using some supplies as a backstop for his Presser..

Hypocrite.

Also as was pointed out.. it takes like 4..5..6 nurses to run a ventilator 24/7.. Does New York HAVE the Nurse power to do that?  Whereas other places could save lives with the Nurses they HAVE.. IF they get Ventilators.

The Media are idiots.

I also liked the idea that anesthesiologists said.. "Hey with some minor adjustments you can use our machines as ventilators.. then we got like 1,000's of them."

So there are creative ideas to make things work.

Edited by JonSCKs 3/27/2020 08:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)