AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Field records?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

nwksmilo
Posted 3/23/2020 07:59 (#8131200 - in reply to #8125213)
Subject: RE: Field records?

Colby, KS

I use Evernote currently.  I make a workbook for each field and record each operation or noteworthy oberservation in a note within the corresponding field's notebook. I still keep spraying records by hand but then snap a picture of the paper form I use and save it in Evernote.  I guess I'm still a little bit old school.  I like how I can use Evernote on my phone, iPad, or PC in the office and everything in synced all the time.  It isn't expensive, but the free version didn't have the features I needed so I have the "Premium" plan which is around $8/month.

It's kind of a plain text tool, but it works for me.  No way to integrate it into an accounting or inventory system, but it is a manageable way to keep track of what is done where and when. Pretty much a replacement for paper notebooks of years past.

I've looked for more comprehensive options, but they seem to always run into high cost, questionable privacy, and uncertain future availability.  My main concern with Evernote (or any software) is future availability.  If the company goes away, my notes go away unless I've backed them up somehow in a different format that will be useful beyond the platform.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)