AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Many have questions on corn starter, soooo....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Pvafarm
Posted 3/16/2020 19:19 (#8110744 - in reply to #8110610)
Subject: RE: Many have questions on corn starter, soooo....

Southeast WI
I have considered that but I don't know how to set that up for relatively small plot work like this. I harvest 12 rows that are under 300' long so it would have to be some kind of drop spreader like is used in University work I would think and I really have no need for one otherwise. This is the rathole we can go down once you commit to on-farm trials - "hey how about we try this...."

This is one reason I wish more farmers would adopt on-farm plot work because we can learn so much. Even last year I worked with the UW and other Universities on a planting date study on beans. Many signed up to do it but we only had 8 complete trials in 2019. One of those things we just need to suck it up and figure out how to make it happen to be able to collect data. My two main tractors were doing other things late May last year and since my bean planter is just a stripped down 6 row corn planter I hooked up my little utility tractor and planted the late beans. Early ones were just coming up and the early beans yielded 4 bpa greater. I basically paid for buying a dedicated bean planter last year on 200 acres.

(2019-05-26 18.56.34 (full).jpg)

(2019-05-26 18.48.53 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 2019-05-26 18.56.34 (full).jpg (216KB - 107 downloads)
Attachments 2019-05-26 18.48.53 (full).jpg (398KB - 75 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)