AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Superb sd375v grain dryer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CMN
Posted 3/3/2020 17:42 (#8080296 - in reply to #8080103)
Subject: RE: Superb sd375v grain dryer

West of Mpls MN about 50 miles on Hwy 12
The ability to convert controllers, and cost of conversion might depend on what controller the dryer currently has?????

I converted a 1996 SA 1200C from Superbs model one, serial number one PLC controller to a Spectrum controller 3 years ago, which is a simple, great controller for my wants, and needs. The conversion cost just over $9,000.00. A Quantum conversion would have cost just over $16,000.00 at the time. I had to replace the VFD feed roll motor drive to a compatible model at the same time and that was about $500.00 if I remember correctly. I see Brock has a new and improved controller to replace the Spectrum, and Quantum. I'm sure the cost to convert has not went down in three years.

My dryer has the duct work for heat recovery, and suction cooling. I run my dryer full heat continuous flow, but I can dry and cool continuous flow in various heat recovery, and cool "modes", and batch dry also. I believe the burner in my old dryer, and a brand new dryer are the same, and my old dryer is very efficient.

Edited by CMN 3/3/2020 17:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)